Sova Health Screening
Knowing how healthy you are enables you to make the right lifestyle decisions and prevent or treat medical conditions effectively. As you get older, it’s important to attend a health check frequently in order to minimise the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other health problems.
At Sova Healthcare, we provide health screenings in Birmingham, Leicester, Harrogate and nationwide. For greater convenience, our screening programme also allows for private health screenings
in the comfort of your own home.
Unlike the NHS Health Check for people aged 40-74, there is no age limit on Sova health screenings. No matter how old you are, we deliver full health assessments.
There are a range of health conditions which warrant regular health screenings including:
Contact us to book your health check >
- Having a stroke
- Developing diabetes
- Suffering from heart disease or kidney disease
Your Health Screening: What to Expect
A Sova health assessment includes a range of tests and examinations:
- We will ask you a few questions about your lifestyle and your medical history.
- We will check your blood pressure and take your height/weight measurements in order to calculate your BMI.
- We will conduct a blood test to check your cholesterol ratio. This involves taking a small blood sample via finger prick. Along with a number of other factors (including your BMI, your systolic blood pressure, and whether or not you smoke), your cholesterol ratio helps us to calculate your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- We will also run through a Diabetes UK questionnaire with you to assess your risk of developing diabetes.
- Finally, we will give you a full paper-based report of your test results with an overview of your current health and expert advice to help you live a healthy lifestyle and minimise future health risks. This includes guidance on how to look out for warning signs and symptoms of diabetes, stroke, and other medical conditions Dementia awareness literature will also be recommended if you are over 65.
Why Is Health Screening Important?
Here are just a few of the reasons why it’s a good idea to have regular health checks:
- It might save your life! Many people die every year because of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, bowel cancer and other medical issues. As you get older, your chance of being affected by one or more of these conditions grows higher. Monitoring your health closely and having regular health screenings will catch any warning signs early and greatly reduce your risk level.
- Find out how to live a healthier life. The advice provided by your Sova professional at your health assessment will help you to achieve a healthier lifestyle, extending your life expectancy and improving your overall health and wellbeing. If necessary, we can offer guidance to help you quit smoking, lose weight, improve your diet, and/or lower your blood pressure or cholesterol.
- Make further health care arrangements. With offices in Bradford, Birmingham and Leicester, Sova Healthcare is one of England’s leading providers of specialist care. If your health screening suggests that you require ongoing healthcare, we will help you to organise this in a friendly, sensitive manner.
Book Your Health Check Now!
To arrange a health screening, please contact us via one of the following methods:
Alternatively, fill out the enquiry form on our Contact Us
page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If you wish to further discuss your requirements, please contact one of our local branches.