Sova Health Screening
Health screenings available from Sova Healthcare in Birmingham, Leicester and Bradford.
As you get older, it’s important to attend a health check frequently in order to minimise your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other common health problems. Here at Sova Healthcare, we provide a full health assessment
service to people of all ages – attending a Sova health screening will tell you whether you’re at risk of:
- Having a stroke
- Developing diabetes
- Suffering from heart disease or kidney disease
Our health checks are available in numerous locations across the UK – we have branches in Leicester, Birmingham and Bradford, and we provide this particular service nationwide. You can have a private health screening
in the comfort of your own home offering you greater convenience and more comfortable and relaxed surroundings– and unlike the NHS Health Check for people aged 40-74, there is no age limit on Sova Healthcare screenings. No matter how old you are, we would be more than happy to provide you with a full health assessment. Contact us to book your health check >
Your Health Screening: What to Expect
A Sova health check consists of the following procedure:
- We will ask you a few questions regarding your lifestyle and the medical history of you and your family.
- We will then check your blood pressure and take your height/weight measurements in order to calculate your BMI.
- Next, we will conduct a blood test to check your cholesterol ratio. This involves taking a small amount of blood via finger prick. Along with a number of other factors (including your BMI, your systolic blood pressure, and whether or not you smoke), your cholesterol ratio helps us to calculate your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- We will also run through a Diabetes UK questionnaire with you to assess your risk of developing diabetes.
- Finally, we give you a full paper-based report and expert advice to help you live a healthy lifestyle and minimise the risk of future health problems. This includes teaching you to look out for warning signs and symptoms of diabetes, stroke, and other medical conditions. Dementia awareness literature will also be recommended if you are over 65.
Why Should I Have a Sova Health Assessment?
Here are just a few of the reasons why it’s a good idea to have regular health checks:
- It might save your life! Many people die every year because of heart disease, diabetes, strokes, and other conditions. As you get older, your chance of being affected by one or more of these conditions grows higher, but monitoring your health closely and having regular health screenings will catch any warning signs early and greatly reduce your risk level.
- Find out how to live a healthier life. The advice provided by your Sova health professional at your assessment will help you to achieve a healthier lifestyle, extending your life expectancy and improving your overall wellbeing. If necessary, we can offer guidance to help you quit smoking, lose weight, improve your diet, and/or lower your blood pressure or cholesterol.
- Make further health care arrangements. With offices in Bradford, Birmingham and Leicester, Sova Healthcare is one of England’s leading providers of specialist care. If your health screening suggests that you require ongoing healthcare, we will help you to organise this in a friendly, sensitive manner.
Book Your Health Check Now!
To arrange a Sova Healthcare screening, please contact us via one of the following methods:
Alternatively, fill out the enquiry form on our Contact Us
page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.