This service was meeting all CQC national standardsLatest report published on 25 June 2016 Read Our Bradford Report > Read Our Leicester Report >
Sova Health Screening
OnlyHealth screenings available from Sova Healthcare in Birmingham, Leicester and Bradford. As you get older, it’s important to attend a health check frequently in order to minimise your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other common health problems. Here at Sova Healthcare, we provide a full health assessment service to people of all ages – attending a Sova health screening will tell you whether you’re at risk of:
- Having a stroke
- Developing diabetes
- Suffering from heart disease or kidney disease
Your Health Screening: What to ExpectA Sova health check consists of the following procedure:
- We will ask you a few questions regarding your lifestyle and the medical history of you and your family.
- We will then check your blood pressure and take your height/weight measurements in order to calculate your BMI.
- Next, we will conduct a blood test to check your cholesterol ratio. This involves taking a small amount of blood via finger prick. Along with a number of other factors (including your BMI, your systolic blood pressure, and whether or not you smoke), your cholesterol ratio helps us to calculate your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- We will also run through a Diabetes UK questionnaire with you to assess your risk of developing diabetes.
- Finally, we give you a full paper-based report and expert advice to help you live a healthy lifestyle and minimise the risk of future health problems. This includes teaching you to look out for warning signs and symptoms of diabetes, stroke, and other medical conditions. Dementia awareness literature will also be recommended if you are over 65.
Why Should I Have a Sova Health Assessment?Here are just a few of the reasons why it’s a good idea to have regular health checks:
- It might save your life! Many people die every year because of heart disease, diabetes, strokes, and other conditions. As you get older, your chance of being affected by one or more of these conditions grows higher, but monitoring your health closely and having regular health screenings will catch any warning signs early and greatly reduce your risk level.
- Find out how to live a healthier life. The advice provided by your Sova health professional at your assessment will help you to achieve a healthier lifestyle, extending your life expectancy and improving your overall wellbeing. If necessary, we can offer guidance to help you quit smoking, lose weight, improve your diet, and/or lower your blood pressure or cholesterol.
- Make further health care arrangements. With offices in Bradford, Birmingham and Leicester, Sova Healthcare is one of England’s leading providers of specialist care. If your health screening suggests that you require ongoing healthcare, we will help you to organise this in a friendly, sensitive manner.